Jeffrey Eddy is an EqAT certified and practices natural horse
hoof trimming and rehabilitation. Jeff has a holistic approach
to hoof and horse care. While hoof health is the foundation
of the horse’s overall well being, each element of horse care
(nutrition, turnout, hoof care) is interconnected and must be
in balance for proper horse health. Jeff is dedicated optimum
horse heath, starting with the feet.
Jeff has had intensive training with Lisa Huhn who pioneered
the Equinextion method of bare foot trimming. Jeff’s training comprehends:
In addition to certification and experience, Jeff has the
passion necessary to care for the horses that he encounters
on daily basis. His philosophy is simple, horse health and
soundness are his first priorities.
- Safe horse handling
- Simple Anatomy and physiology of the horse
- Looking at muscling and assessing 'soundness'
- Mapping out the individual foot
- Dissection and hands on live trimming of a variety of
horses at different stages of transition
- Classroom theory and videos on treating pathologies
in rehabilitation programs
- Present day ongoing case studies
- Dealing with laminitis, founder, navicular and Pedal Ostitis